Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

This being the week of Mother’s Day, I want to give you an idea for some gifts for all the Mom’s in your life. Of course, I am recommending books. I will feature these books on AM Arizona on Monday, May 2, at 10 a.m. and will post that segment within the next few weeks.

The books I have selected for the May segment on AM Arizona, My Monastery is a Minivan and MOMfulness, are designed to empathize, console and enliven any Mother’s soul. The author is a mother, a licensed therapist with a degree in Divinity, and fully aware of what it takes to find the time to read, nevertheless develop a spiritual practice that I suggest in so many of my blogs.

Have you ever heard a mother of small children engage in this conversation?

Friend: Have you read the latest book by Dan Brown? I loved it!

Mother: Read? Read a book? I can’t remember what it was like to have the time to read a book?

My Monastery is a Minivan and MOMfulness not only help you find the time – the stories and reflective exercises are no more than a few pages long – but are so well written you can learn from the stories if you have no children or are a great-grandmother of 10!

You can read a few pages on Amazon and experience for yourself why I like these books. In short, they share just how a busy, over-scheduled woman can find peace – yes, peace – in the day-to-day chaos known as child rearing.

Author Denise Roy has successful crafted stories transforming the mundane into the spiritual. That is a gift anyone would appreciate learning.

Happy Mother’s Day week!

Andrea T. Goeglein, PhD
Dr. Success™
1 866 975 3777
DrSuccess@ServingSuccess.com
www.facebook.com/DrSuccessPhD
http://www.youtube.com/user/ServingSuccess

No comments: